Google My Business Adds Instant Verification

Google My Business verification is now instant. Google’s Jade Wang announced in a Google Business Help thread that your Google My Business listings, can now be instantly verified if your website URL is already verified your business website with Google Webmaster Tools.

Here is the official statement from Jade-

Good news — starting today, if you’re verifying a page for your business, you may be instantly verified on Google My Business if you’ve already verified your business’s website with Google Webmaster Tools. The verification will happen automatically, if applicable, when you attempt to verify a page for your business.
If you’d like to try instant verification, please make sure you’re signed in to Google My Business with the same account you used to verify your site with Webmaster Tools
Not all businesses with websites verified using Google Webmaster Tools will have instant verification, since not all business categories are eligible. If that’s the case, please use one of our other methods of verification (https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778).

Following are the simple steps to get your business listing verified instantly:

  1. You need to be signed in to Google Webmasters Tools with the same account you wish to verify your Google My Business Listing.
  2. Open Google My Business at http://google.com/business
  3. Go to your unverified listing and click “Manage this page” link.
  4. You will be directed to confirm your business. Just click the check box saying “I am authorized to manage this business and I agree to the Terms of Service” and continue.
  5. You are done. You will receive a message in your browser stating “You’ve successfully verified your Business on Google”.

Comments